The Kingsway West Neighborhood is located west of North Kingshighway in northwestern St Louis City. The boundaries are Natural Bridge Avenue on the north, North Kingshighway on the east, Dr Martin Luther King on the south and Union Blvd on the west. Surrounding neighborhoods are the Wells-Goodfellow Neighborhood to the west, the Mark Twain/I-70 Industrial Neighborhood to the north, Kingsway East to the east and the Academy Neighborhood to the south.
The Kingsway West Neighborhood is served by the St. Louis Public School District. There is one district school located within the neighborhood and that is the Lexington Elementary School. Built in 1995, Lexington offers education to grades Preschool through 5th. Other schools located in nearby neighborhoods are the Langston Middle School and the Laclede Elementary School, both in the Wells Goodfellow Neighborhood. Soldan High School is located in the Academy Neighborhood and is an International Studies Magnet School featuring six foreign languages.
The St. Louis Public Library system has two of its branches located nearby. The Julia Davis Branch Library is located on Natural Bridge Avenue in the Penrose Neighborhood. The Cabanne Branch Library is conveniently located close by on Union Blvd, in the Academy Neighborhood.
Sherman Park, a St. Louis City maintained park, provides recreation opportunities to the residents of the Kingsway West Neighborhood, as well as to the entire St. Louis community. The amenities the park has to offer includes 22 acres of parkland, playgrounds, baseball and softball fields, a full court basketball court, tennis courts, and walking trails. The Wohl Community Center is also in the park and features an indoor swimming pool with large sliding doors that can be opened during nice weather.
Several Churches are located in Kingsway West. Many of the buildings these church congregations meet in are historic and almost one hundred years old. One of the churches is the Rock of Ages Baptist Church on Union Blvd. The church building was completed in 1916 originally for the Third United Presbyterian Church. Another congregation is the All Saints Episcopal Church located on North Kingshighway. Blessed Hope Church is located at the corner of Northland Avenue and North Kingshighway. The beautiful building this congregation calls home was built in 1915 as the Most Blessed Sacrament Roman Catholic church.