The Colonel Benjamin Stephenson House was built in 1820 by Colonel Benjamin Stephenson who was instrumental in the founding of the city of Edwardsville and the State of Illinois. It is a brick two-story that is built in the Federal style of architecture and is located in the historic Village of Leclaire. It is one of the few homes that were built in the early 19th century that are still standing and it is also consider to be the oldest brick home in Madison County. The home can be toured and has hours that change by the season. See website for current days and times.
Colonel Benjamin Stephenson House
409 S. Buchanan
Edwardsville, IL 62025