Boone and Main Streets
Troy MO, 63379
Woods' Fort was located in what is now the site of the city of Troy, Missouri. Two reassembled log cabins and a historical marker mark the significance of Woods' Fort in the early 1800's. The fort was constructed after the Treaty of 1804, with the aid of the Mounted Rangers under the leadership of Nathan Boone to help the pioneers in the area defend their homes against the Sac and Fox Indians. Woods' Fort was also used during the War of 1812. After the war, the area around the fort began to grow as more settlers came to the area. The city of "Troy" was later plated in 1819.