The Spanish Lake Blacksmith Shop is designated as a Historic Landmark by St. Louis County. It was located near the intersection of Bellefontaine and Parker Roads, pictured here, in North St. Louis County. The building was built about 1876 by Jacob Wilhelm, a German immigrant who came to the area to work on the construction of the Eads Bridge in downtown St. Louis. It had been used as a Blacksmith shop up until 1993.
In 2012, the St. Louis County Parks Department rescued this historic building and moved it to Faust Park in Chesterfield. The Spanish Lake Blacksmith Shop has been rebuilt and restored and makes a perfect addition to the Historic Village at Faust Park, where the art of blacksmithing will be demonstrated.
Spanish Lake Blacksmith Shop
Faust Park Historic Village
15185 Olive Street Road
Chesterfield, MO 63017