The Gravois Park Neighborhood is located in south St. Louis City. The neighborhood shares the name of the park that is located there. The boundaries of the Gravois Park Neighborhood are Jefferson Avenue to the east, Chippewa to the south, Grand Blvd and Gravois Avenue to the west and Potomac and Cherokee to the north. Surrounding neighborhoods are the Dutchtown Neighborhood to the south, Marine Villa to the east, Benton Park West to the north and the Tower Grove South Neighborhood to the west.
The Gravois Park Neighborhood is served by the St. Louis Public School District. The district's Froebel Literacy Academy Elementary School, opened in 1895, is located within the neighborhood on Nebraska Avenue and provides educational services for grades Preschool to 5th grade.
The St. Louis City Parks Department maintains Gravois Park located in the neighborhood. The park features just over 8 acres of parkland, a picnic pavilion, picnic facilities, a volleyball court and a playground.
A portion of the Cherokee Street Antique Row forms the northern boundary of the neighborhood. Cherokee Street is an entire street of antique shops and boutiques. It also has a fair share of bakeries, restaurants and other services important to the neighborhood. Cherokee Street Antique Row falls within the Cherokee-Lemp Historic District.
Several historic St. Louis Landmarks are located in the Gravois Park Neighborhood. One of them is the Holy Cross Lutheran Church on which construction was begun in 1867 and completed in 1889. The church was originally called "Die Kirche zum Heiligen Kreuz" by the large German population. The Gravois Park Neighborhood also is located within a very large historic district designated by the National Register of Historic Places, the "Gravois-Jefferson Streetcar Suburb Historic District" and includes 4,642 historic properties that were built during the late 19th and early 20th century.
The St. Alexius Hospital-Jefferson Campus is located on Jefferson Avenue and provides medical offices for local physicians. It is also the location of The Lutheran School of Nursing and the information center for the St. Alexius New Start Bariatric Surgery Center.