The Clifton Heights Neighborhood is located in the western part of the City of St. Louis. The boundaries for the neighborhood are Interstate 44 to the north and west, Hampton Avenue to the east and Arsenal Street to the south. Surrounding neighborhoods are The Hill and the Southwest Garden neighborhoods to the east, Ellendale to the north and west, and the Lindenwood Park Neighborhood to the south.
The St. Louis Public School District serves the residents of the neighborhood. The district's Mason School of Academic and Cultural Literacy, an elementary school, is located on Southwest Avenue. The school was opened in 1921 and was designed by the district's architect at the time, Rockwell M. Milligan. The district also has schools in nearby neighborhoods. Two magnet high schools, Central Visual and Performing Arts High School and Cleveland Naval Junior ROTC Academy, are in the Southwest Garden Neighborhood. Shaw Visual and Performing Arts Elementary School, a magnet school, is in The Hill neighborhood and Wilkinson Early Childhood Center Elementary School, a Magnet School for grades Preschool through 2nd grade, is in Franz Park. Private schools located close by include the Catholic St. James the Greater School located in the Clayton/Tamm Neighborhood and the St. Joan of Arc Catholic School on Pernod Avenue in the North Hampton Neighborhood.
The neighborhood features the Clifton Heights Park which was donated to the City of St Louis in 1912. The park was originally developed as a private park for the residents of the Clifton Heights Subdivision when the subdivision was laid out in 1885. The park features over 4 acres of parkland, a playground, basketball courts and the Clifton Heights Lake.
Several churches are located in the neighborhood. One of them, Epiphany of Our Lord, is a Catholic parish that was founded in 1911 and celebrated 100 years as a parish in 2011. Mount Tabor United Church of Christ is located on Arsenal Street and was formed in 1928 by a merger of two congregations, the older of the two having been founded in 1889.